Galaxy 3C Installation guide
Galaxy 3C at 95°West is used for CCTV distribution over North America
Footprint & Look Angles
- Consult the Galaxy III satellite footprint to determine if you are within the covered area
- Consult the look angles page to determine the Azimuth and Elevation for Galaxy III at your location
Receiver Setup (IR2000)
- Go to MENU -> INSTALLATION -> ANTENNA SETUP
Note: The "PIN Number" is "0000"
- The first line, "SATELLITE" should be selected. Click on "OK" on your remote and select "GALAXY 3C" from the list".
- Do not change the other values!
(they should be LNB type: 10,750 / LNB Power 18V / 22Khz: Auto / LNB Dish: Fixed / Diseqc: OFF)
- Press the Blue button to save & exit.
(that's the button next to the Red button).
- Select "Manual Scan" in the installation Menu.
- You will see a menu with the signal meter.
- If your antenna LNBF is connected to the receiver, the LEVEL should move between 0 and 25%.
- The QUALITY will be between 0% and 14%.
- The signal bars are RED means that you do NOT have the signal.
- Do not change the other values. They should be:
- Satellite: Galaxy 3C
- TP Freq: 11.780GHz
- Polarization: Horizontal
- Symbol Rate: 20.760 M/S
- Scan Mode: All
- Network Search: Off
- SR Search: Off
- When you find the signal, the bars will be GREEN. You must try to make the GREEN signal level as strong as possible.
- Once your signal is maximized, press the RED button on the bottom of the remote to scan the signal.
- Save & Exit.
- You should now have CCTV4 & 9.
- Mount the dish as shown in the assembly manual provided with the dish.
- Find a proper position to mount the dish on your house (according to the look angles) and install the base according to our Baseplate Installation page.
- Mount the LNBF on the feed bracket, but do not tighten to the maximum yet.
- The rotation of the LNBF is a critical part of the installation. If the LNBF is not rotated properly, your system will not work.
- The Clock position of the LNBF means that the CONNECTOR (Pansat LNBF) or the BLACK LINE (CalAmp Stacked LNBF) of the LNBF must be at the correct position, as shown in the picture below.
|Atlantic||East Coast||Central||West Coast|
|Standard LNBF (Position of the connector)||5:30||6:00||7:00||7:30|
|Cylindrical LNBF (Black Line)||11:30||12:00||1:00||2:00|
Above picture shows LNBF with 2:30 O'Clock position.
The above LNBF positions are indicative only. It is critical to do a fine adjustment of the LNBF rotation once you've found your satellite signal!
IR 2000 Digital Receiver Setup
Your receiver is an IR 2000 receiver if it reads "IR 2000" on the front panel towards the right side.
The smart card in the IR 2000 receiver should face UP (the chip faces up and the logo faces down).
To test if the card is inserted properly, go to MENU -> IRDETO -> CA Status. The smart card number should appear in the "Smart Card Number" field (something like "4001..."). Write the number down on a piece of paper.
If the smart card is not inserted properly, you will see "---" instead.
You also need to have the serial number of your receiver: It is located under the satellite receiver, NOT on the back (it starts with "S/N...")
Subscription Details (Free of charge)
CCTV is free of charge as long as you are using the correct satellite receiver and you have a CCTV smart card inserted into your receiver.
Coship 2000 Digital Receiver Setup
When the receiver is first connected, it will list "NO CHANNEL"
You must press "MENU" on the remote and select "SETUP PROGRAMS"
In the SETUP menu, select "ADD PROGRAMS"
In ADD PROGRAMS, make sure that you do not change any of the parameters.
Press "OK" on your remote and the receiver will scan all CCTV channels.
If you change some parameters, you must re-set them to the following values:
When you press "OK" on the remote, the following menu information will appear.
When the scan is complete, you will receiver CCTV 4.
You can see a list of channels by pressing "CHAN LIST" on the remote.
In the MAIN MENU, the "System Config" menu should not be changed.
If you have problems, go to the "Main Menu" -> "Setup Menu" and select "Default Value" to reset the receivers.
The password to reset the receiver is 9969.
If you have any questions, please contact us.